Урок 9 кл. "Английский - мировой язык". С.В. Сюваткина
Topic: Britain in the World
Theme: English As a World Language.
Цель: Научить вести беседу по теме; тренировать в монологической речи,
используя активную лексику урока; воспитывать всесторонне развитую личность.
I этап. Подготовка учащихся к учебной деятельности.
Teacher: Good morning, boys and girls! Today at the lesson we shall speak about
the meaning of the English language in your life. You must prove that English is an official, international the most wide spread, the dominant and the world’s language. I’d like you to prove me that English is a musical language, a language of literature and art, a language of politics and a language of computer.
T: – Who is knocking at the door?
P: – I am the English language. (a small boy)
T: – Why did you come to our lesson?
P: – I heard your topic at the lesson and want to listen to you. Do you really know
me? May I sit down?
T: – of course, you may. Please, sit down and listen to us.
T: – Let’s read sentences about the English language and comment your opinion
on following statements. (P1 P2)
1) – English will be the dominant language in world media and communications
- Strongly agree because English is used in television, radio, periodical, everywhere.
2) – Before the middle of the twenty – first century another language besides
English will come the world’s main language.
P: – …
3) – English will remain the world’s language for intentional communication.
4) – The roll of English in personal development will be very important.
5) – American English will be the world’s standard variety of English.
6) – British English will be the dominant variety of English in the world.
7) – Many language will die out during the next century.
8) – There will be a rise of spoken English at the expense of written English.
9) – The most popular foreign language in the future will be Chinese.
II этап. Развитие умений и навыков в различных видах
T: Now I give you Russian sentences about the morning of the language. You
must English sentences and read them.
1) Языки у людей могут быть разные, были бы едины сердца.
2) Язык – это большое народное сокровище.
1) Высокий уровень культуры – это и владение ещё одним языком, кроме родного.
2) Язык – есть важнейшее средство человеческого общения.
1) Язык есть вековой труд целого поколения.
2) Язык – живое существо. Он живёт, а не существует.
1) Величайшее богатство народа – его язык.
2) Язык – это душа национальная народа: если есть такая душа, то есть и хозяин её – это сам народ.
Т: You were giving a task to prepare information about the English language and how it is used in all our spheres of life, especially in music, literature, politics and
business and computers. Let’s begin to prove that English is a language of literature.
- The English language is a wonderful language. It is the language of the great literature. It is a language of William Shakespeare, Jonathan Swift, Walter Scot, Robert Burns, Charles Dickens and many others. The great German poet Goethe said “He who knows no foreign language, does not know his own one”.
That is why in order to understand one has to study foreign languages.
- I’d like to prove it and show the beauty of famous English poets Georg Gordon Byron. His wonderful poem is “Twilight”.
It is the hour when from the boughs
The nightingale’s high note is heard;
It is the hour when lover’s vows
Seem sweet in every whisper’d word;
And gentle winds, and waters near,
Make music to the lonely ear.
Each flower the dews have lightly wet,
And in the sky the stars are met,
And on the wave is deeper blue,
And on the leaf a browner hue,
So softly dark, and darkly pure,
Which follows the decline of day,
As twilight melts beneath the moon away.
- I agree with Alexis that English is a charming language. Among out-standing men in English literature is the name of Robert Burns. He is the author of many nice poems. Let me tell one of them.
A RED, RED ROSE
O my Luve’s like a red, red rose,
That’s newly sprung in June;
O my Luve’s like the melodie
That’s sweetly play’d in tune.
As fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I:
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry;
Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’life shall run.
And fare thee weel, my only Luve!
And fare thee weel a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho’ it were ten thousand mile.
- Speaking about as a language of literature. I’d like to dwell on poetry too. As you know, that the works of the famous English, American and Russian poets or writers are usually translated into many language. Comparing Russian poems, for example, in English variant we see the beauty of the language. One of the famous Russian poets A.S.Pushkin like English very much. And now it’s not a secret that all his ancestors live in London. Besides some years ago when our country celebrated 200 anniversary of this outstanding poet, a beautiful museum to him was open in London. Not only Pushkin loved the English language, but England loved him and translated his poems. Listen to one of his famous poems and try to guess it.
A magic moment I remember:
I raised my eyes and you were there,
A fleeing vision the quintessence
Of all that’s beautiful and rare.
A prey to mute despair and anglish
To vain pursuits the world esteems,
Long did hear your soothing accents,
Long did your features haunt my dreams
Time passed. A rebel storm-blast scattered
The reveries that once were mine
And I forgot your soothing accents,
Your features gracefully divine
In dark days of enforced retirement
I dazed upon grey skies above
With no ideals to inspire me,
No one to cry for, live for, love.
Then came a moment of renascence,
I look up – you again were there.
A fleeting vision, the quintessence
Of all that’s beautiful and rare.
And now my heart throbs with elation,
Haling the resurrection of
Divine ideals, inspiration,
Life, tears and happiness, and love.
- Now have you got any questions to them? No questions. It’s clear.
- Let’s prove that English is a language of politics and business. Who will begin? Ok, begin you…
- Over 300 million people spear it a mother tongue. The native speakers of English live in Great Britain, the United States of America, Australia, and New Zealand. English one of the official languages in the Irish Republic, Canada, the South African Republic. The official language of the United Nations are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish. The working language are English and French. Here is the difference between an official language and a working language: delegates may speak in any one of the official languages and their words are translated simultaneously into the other official languages but documents are written only working languages. They may be written in all the official languages upon request.
- I agree with you because is so widespread that it has become the standard languages for all kinds of intentional communication. At present 75% of the world’s mail is in English, 60% the world telephone calls are made in English, 60% of the world’s radio stations broadcast in English and more than half of the world’s periodicals are printed in English. English is also the international language of business people, pilots and air traffic controllers, diplomats and politicians, sportspeople, scientists, doctors and students. English is now the world’s top tongue.
- Knowledge of foreign helps young people of different countries to understand each other, to develop friendship among them. There are international friendship camps in the world. If you can speak foreign languages, it will be easy languages for you to visit such camps and speak with the boys, girls, men, women who do not know Russian. Besides it is difficult to visit countries, when you don’t know the language of the country where you are going to, it will be easy to travel there.
Then, at present time for all politicians who know any foreign language especially English, it’s easy talk and discuss serious questions on politics, economy and other spheres of life.
- Thank you. Have you got any questions to this group? No, doubt, the English is a language of music. Let’s prove it.
- English is very musical and tuneful because all the singers try to sing in English. It doesn’t matter if they are from Germany or Austria. They sing in English. As know English-speaking countries, that is the USA and Great Britain were founders of such famous currents as rock, rap, country, jazz and many others. Since 1960s the western coast of America California became the center of rock music, then San-Francisco was the canter of the youth movements and rock music. That was the time of Vietnamese war, students were against drugs, they wore bright clothes, had long hair and listen to rock.
- As we are speaking bout different kinds of music, I’d like to tell you that famous rock-n-roll was founded in America. It is a short variant of Negro dance music of rhythm and blues with elements of country and western, buggi-wuggi and the style of diksyland. Rock-n-roll gave variants of new dances: twist, shake, medison, djive. It became one of the bases of modern rock-music. And of course, English is the language of music and dance. Now I’d like you to listen and see some English songs. (video-cassette)
- Besides, I should say that it was time of great British rock-groups, such as “Beatles”, “Rolling Stones”, “Led Zeppelin”, “Pink Floyid” and many others. British musicians took an important place in rock-music. Speaking about rock music we must remember “Beatles”, the founders of it. Unfortunately, there were four members of this group, but now only two are alive. There is a nice museum devoted to this rock-group in their native city Liverpool. And I think learning English without the Beatles is impossible. Their songs are so soft, touchy and unforgettable.
I think their song “Yesterday”, will be an example of the musical English.
T: – Good. English is a language of computer and the most popular foreign language in the future.
- English is the most widespread language on Earth. Throughout the world many people use English as an international language. Some people use it for social purposes, other for business on study.
In terms of scientific know-how and technological development, one must know English to be a part of the twentieth century. English is a must for many technical jobs.
There are many reasons for it’s popularity. First English is easier to learn than any other language. Second it easily borrows local words and phrases from the very countries into which it expands.
- Our life is full of different kinds of information. With the help of computers people can send and receive information in radio, television, writers and journalists can prepare their texts and articles. Then computers are widely used in different booking-offices, saving-blanks, telephone communications. Computers can answer all the people’s questions. It becomes a personal secretary, and even a partner in games. It’s useful all members of the family. As you know, the instructions and key-words are written in English. That’s why it’s necessary to know English at present time.
- Besides, our century is called the century of information. Really, today we hear only about it. Some people complain of little information, other of much information and many others do informational wars.
People from different parts of the world use the Internet for talking. They can send a message and receive informational through Internet. The cod of it ICQ (I seek you). Then people can organize chat in real time. This programme combines the opportunities of electronic post, chat and even Internet-telephone.
For a person, who knows English well, can more opportunities with working on the computer.
T: – Now let’s make collages and speak on them. I’ll give you 6-7 minutes. (Ученики составляют коллажи, затем каждая группа рассказывает свой коллаж «Английский – это язык литературы и искусства», «Английский – это язык музыки», «Английский – это язык политики и бизнеса», «Английский – это язык компьютера»).
III этап. Отработка заранее введенного языкового материала
- Аудирование шутливых текстов, в которых важное значение имеет знание языка.
IV этап. Заключительный
1. Выставление оценок.
2. Домашнее задание.
http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор от тараканов http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор на прибыль http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - черная магия заговоры http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговоры 2 января http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор на тоску мужчины http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор от измен http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор на лотерейный билет http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор на ключ http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор на начальника http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор чтобы найти работу
заказать приворот заговор на булавку от сглаза самый сильный приворот тайны заговора действуют ли привороты венец безбрачия признаки как снять самостоятельно приворот на месячные заговор на возвращение любимого симптомы приворота заговор вернуть мужа
http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор чтобы любимый позвонил http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговоры и молитвы на старый новый год http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - как распознать приворот http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор от ячменя на глазу http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - обряд на привлечение любви http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - приворот белая магия http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговоры в рождественскую ночь http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - приворот на девушку волос http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор на хорошую работу http://www.serafim-koldun.ru/ - заговор на продажу машины
заговор на хорошую работу приворот в пятницу 13 заговор от прыщей бабушкины заговоры приметы и заговоры на новый год заговоры в новый год на деньги цыганские привороты заговоры на рождество на работу заговор на лотерею как снять порча или сглаз самостоятельно солью